This information has been sent to coaches and coordinators many times and is on portals but there is still a lack of understanding. In order for a child to play in our league, the coach OR coordinator needs to submit a roster with the child's name on it. The parent or guardian MUST fill out a Liability Waiver as well and the child cannot play without a waiver. We attempt to match the waiver to a roster entry to help coaches and coordinators determine who is eligible to play. We match on organization, player last name, and birth date. We have received 100+ emails asking why our system "doesn't show a waiver being completed when it has". We are not saying the waiver doesn't exist, we are saying the information is different between the waiver and the roster. The problem is ALWAYS that the birth date OR player last name is different between the waiver and the roster. Coaches (who have edit privileges) AND coordinators can quickly rectify this situation by updating their roster to match the waiver. Thank you.
Coordinators, Coaches, and Parents,
Please read the following reminders to help you better prepare for game day:
- Please have a gym monitor at your home gym at all times to ensure game day runs smoothly and answer any questions coaches or parents might have
- The home team must provide a scoreboard operator
- Make sure your gym is open 30 minutes before the first game of the day
- You may charge a gate fee but it MUST NOT exceed the agreed upon league max ($7-family, $3-adult, $1-student). Family = immediate family parents, children, it does not include cousins, friends, etc
- Make sure that a roster for each of your teams is available on the web site
- Please familiarize yourself with the Rules that govern the division your team is playing in
- Make sure you are familiar and your parents and players are familiar with the Codes of Conduct
- Work with your coordinator to make sure each parent has filled out an on-line Liability Waiver
- Please pay referee(s) before each game. There is a single referee for 2nd grade games that is paid $14 by EACH team and two referees for all other games. Each team pays one of the referees $25 for 3rd-12th games.
- The WINNING coach is responsible for reporting the game score within 48 hours of the game being completed. You can do this from your Coach Portal, from a new menu option under Portals->Coach or you can edit your coach account and subscribe to a score reporting notification which will email you a linke to the score reporting page during your game. Scores are NOT reported for 2nd grade games.
- Treat referees, players, and parents with respect. We take our codes of conduct very seriously.
- Cheer on your kids! There is almost a 100% chance that your son or daughter will not play in the NBA or WNBA. Help make youth basketball a positive experience for them.
- Be prepared to pay a gate fee as discussed in the coach section. Not all organizations charge the fee but you should not be suprised if they do. NEW ... we have polled our organizations and asked them if the plan on charging a gate fee. When you click on a gym from your schedule for directions, you can go to the info page (or find the gym from our Organizations-<Gym menu) and it will tell you if the organization plans on charging admission. The max fee is $7-family, $3-aduit, $1-student. The organization may charge less if they want, but not more.
- Please read our Parent Code of Conduct and conduct yourself in a manner that would make your child proud.
We are getting alot of email about Coach Accounts. If you are a coach and have a question about your account, PLEASE go to the Coach page and try to do some investigation yourself before emailing the league. Only head coaches are granted coach accounts and it is based on the email address assigned to your team by your coordinator. Thanks!
Coach Account Check
In anticipation of a large expansion in the off-season, we put together informational pages for Parents, Coaches, and Coordinators. Please note that coaches and coordinators are also given access to portals which contain information about their own teams and organizations that is not visible to the public. If you are a coach and have not receive an email from the web site about your user account, you can check on the status of it on the Coaches page. In some cases, your coordinator has not set you up as a coach OR possibly the welcome email from the web site was routed to your spam/junk mail folder.
Parents Page Coaches Page Coordinators Page
The new Amerileagues Sports Supply on-line store is open for business. We are pleased to be able to provide you with top quality merchandise at buying group pricing. For 2017, we will be offering the Wilson Evolution and NCAA Limited basketballs as well as a coaching kit that includes a mesh bag, score book, and dry erase board (these items may also be purchased separately). As we are now working with over 2600 youth basketball and volleyball teams in the Greater Cincinnati area, we have negotiated some nice discounts with our supplier.
Individuals purchasing items must pay via PayPal or credit card at time of purchase. Coordinators placing bulk orders for their organizations who do not wish to pay at time of purchase may enter their member code during checkout. They will be invoiced the next day. Payment must be received before the order is processed.
All purchases will help us keep these costs low and save money for our community organizations and parents. Please visit our store at www.amerileagues.com/shop today!